Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I been getting stomach aches lately and when I get

I been getting stomach aches lately and when I get

Patient: I been getting stomach aches lately and when I get them I get these burps and the burps smell like rotten eggs then after I get diarrhea….. Is this normal??

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Your symptoms are suggestive of bact erial overgrowth and indigestion.I will advise you to consult your physician and get a prescription for an antibiotic like Tab. Ciprofloxacin with a recommended dosage of 500 mg bid, for 3-5 days. You can also take probiotic supplements to aid your digestion.Hope this was helpful,Regards