I been on my period for 11 days & still

Patient : I been on my period for 11 days & still going. On day7 it was a lighter flow as if it was ending, then now it's bleeding more blood. Why ?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Excessive and prolonged bleeding during periods is called m enorrhagia. It can occur due to many causes like uterine causes like fibroids, adenomyosis, endometrial abnormalities, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal abnormalities etc. Please rule out the possibility of pregnancy and miscarriage. If there is no possibility of pregnancy, as you are having continuous bleeding since eleven days, better to get evaluated. Please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, complete blood picture etc. With this workup, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated. Take care.