I been urinating frequently and I have a little bit

Patient : I been urinating frequently and I have a little bit of pain and it's also itchy.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of an ur inary tract infection. You need to get a urine routine and a urine culture test done. This is to confirm the diagnosis. Normally, in cases of UTI, irvine routine will show microscopic wbcs in the urine which is diagnostic. Once the diagnosis is confirmed your physician can start you on appropriate antibiotics according to the culture reports. A good choice antibiotic would be Doxycycline with a recommended dosage of 100 mg twice daily for 7-10 days. You also need to keep drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice without sugar. This will reduce the burning sensation. Hope this was helpful, Feel free to discuss further, Regards.