I been with my partner for 3 Years, neither of

Patient: I been with my partner for 3 Years, neither of us have ever been diagnosed with chlamydia before ,and I got diagnosed with it today .. Do you necessarily have to have unprotected sex with someone infected with it to get it .. Or can you get it from having unprotected sex in general , because I have never been with anybody else . He’s been the first guy I have sex with .

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually Chlamydial infection is transmitted via sexual inte rcourse.But sometimes it can be acquired by coming into contact with infected material, skin to skin contact, sharing restrooms etc.By completing the antibiotic course, chlamydial infection can be treated.Both partners getting treatment simultaneously and avoiding intercourse till the completion of treatment are important to prevent cross infections.Take care