Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I believe i am having pregnancy symptoms.

I believe i am having pregnancy symptoms.

Patient: I believe i am having “pregnancy symptoms” although the test i took today come back negative. I never get sore breasts and this week it is a relief to take my bra off, i have been consitpated, falling asleep by 9pm back ache, dizzy and light headed, all of which is unusual for me.EDIT:Also I have an IUD and my boyfriend had a vasectomy in September but never went back for his follow up appt. I also had cervical cancer about 5yrs ago and it was successfully removed.EDIT:Also I have an IUD and my boyfriend had a vasectomy in September but never went back for his follow up appt. I also had cervical cancer about 5yrs ago and it was successfully removed.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms that you are experiencing are typical of premenstrual syndrome or PMS whi ch may mimic early pregnancy symptoms but indicate that menses shall start in next few days.Hope this helps.