I believe I have a food addiction

Patient

Q: I believe I have a food addiction I eat and binge all the time I'm gaining weight fast and I know I'm causing myself harm I just can't stop eating please help me

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

You have said it so easily that you are addicted to eating. You eat and binge all the time, gaining weight and you know you are causing harm to yourself bu can not stop eating.

If someone is developing this habit all of a sudden there has to be a problem. I would advise you to see a Family Physician to have a clinical evaluation to find why this deviation from the norm has occurred; will try to find out the reason whether physical or psychological. He would subject you to some tests and refer to a proper Specialist if need be.

Apart from what the Doctors can do for you, the most important person is you, who have to decide to have a control and at least avoid all the foods with high sugar and oil. Try taking maximum salads that have a negative effect on weight gain and positive effect on early satiety.

Hope this helps.