I believe I have tonsillitis A friend was diagnosed with

Patient

Q: I believe I have tonsillitis. A friend was diagnosed with it and prescribed antibiotics. He was severely sick for about a week and could barely talk. My husband got it from him and was sick for 5 days, much less severe, but he got over it without antibiotics. I then caught it from my husband and for 3 days was sore all over, had a bad headache, mildly sore throat, and felt generally unwell. Today, the 4th day I felt bumps in my throat and only the bumps I feel are painful. I looked, and there are pus pockets all over my throat. I don't feel sick at all. I leave for a family trip on the 23rd and need them gone before then. Do I have to take antibiotics to eradicate the cause and the pus pockets, or are there home remedies to get rid of it on my own i time for the trip?

Doctor

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
The chronology of infection passing from one to another is understood and I think this may be strep or flu with super-added infection.
Well, the most important point at the moment is that you have to leave on 23 rd for a family trip and you have had similar problems, and now your observation of pus filled bumps that are painful.
I think you should take antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicines since you have seen the pus pockets and you have to leave for a family trip.
You should not take any chances as there are always chances of sequel and complications, which can be avoided and make your trip happy and healthy.
There is no guarantee that the home remedy can work.

I hope this answers your query and please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communication.