Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I believe I might be pregnant, but I’m not sure.

I believe I might be pregnant, but I’m not sure.

Patient: Hi. I am wondering if I could be pregnant. My boyfriend and I decided to try anal sex a couple weeks ago (Jan. 18). I was on my period at the time (4th day out of 7th). I had a tampon in, as well. He did not enter my vagina, but I am still worried about it. I don’t know if it’s because that time was the first time ever having any kind of sex, but yeah.

Symptoms: Cramps, bloating

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.You cannot become pregnant by anal sex . You can be a ssured of that. But make your partner use condoms while doing anal sex as sexual disease can spread with anal sex as well.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.