I broke my ankle a few months ago and had

Patient : I broke my ankle a few months ago and had surgery. My doctor cleared me a few days ago to start walking in my boot, but it hurts pretty bad in my heel when I try to. Did I break something in my heel or is it just from not walking for awhile?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. If you had an ankle sprain, and had a sprain, then you may have had a cast put on. This cast will cause atrophy of the muscles in the leg. This will cause weakness and may cause pain. Wait for about 1 week for the pain and gradually increase the effort and you should be fine. If not see a Doctor. Hope this helps you.