Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I bruise a lot without ever injuring myself Why is

I bruise a lot without ever injuring myself Why is

Patient: I bruise a lot without ever injuring myself. Why is that?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Excessive, spontaneous bruising requires evaluation for Coagula tion disorders, Autoimmune diseases, and bleeding disorders. You should see your doctor, who will examine your bruise and will evaluate you with your history for all the possible causes like Lupus. I will advise you get following investigations done:1) Platelet count2) PT/INR3) Liver function test4. Complete blood count.If any abnormality is found in these investigations , then further work up will be done to rule out any coagulation disorder, von willebrand disease. If thrombocytopenia is found, bone marrow will be done.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you properly and order tests for you.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy