I bumped my knee a while back

Q: Good morning, I had a question. A while back I apparently bumped my knee because it would hurt every time I put it on the ground and it had this tiny knot on it. Well one day the entire knee was huge and soft. I got diagnosed with Bursitis. I took antibiotics and it went away. But the hard knot is still there and it still hurts. What could it be?

A:   Hello.
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are correct it is bursitis. Probably it got infected. With antibiotics, it was somewhat normal. You can take analgesics such as Ibuprofen for pain relief. If it doesn't relief then it may need excision surgically. You can discuss with your Doctor about this.

Hope your query got answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.