Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I burnt my finger two days ago and a hole

I burnt my finger two days ago and a hole

Patient: I burnt my finger two days ago and a hole formed in the center along with a bubble and is still there, is it normal?

I burnt my finger two days ...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached pic also.As a result of b urn injury, you have developed blister over the finger. This is the most common presentation in a burn injury patient. But if left as such, it may get pus filled due to secondary bacterial infection.I prefer to drain the blister by giving a small nick in the roof. Afterwards, patient is advised to apply antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area.Visit your doctor so that he can drain it under aseptic condition and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.