Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I burnt myself and now a boil has began to

I burnt myself and now a boil has began to

Patient: I burnt myself and now a boil has began to rise do I pop it or what do i do I don’t know what through

I burnt myself and now a bo...-1

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and the picture.Noted your history of burns and development of a small boil.Do not pop this blister as is still there. This will act as a dressing to keep the area sterile.I would advise you the following:Apply liquid povidone iodine to the whole area 4 times a day and keep it like that only. Do not do any dressing.Take Ibuprofen or so if you have pain.The likelihood of getting healed on its own.I hope this answer helps you.