Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I can not ejaculate and I don’t know why

I can not ejaculate and I don’t know why

Patient: I can’t ejaculate during any kind of sex, only when I masturbate. I recently got a girlfriend(2 months) that took my virginity at 20 years old(my age now) and I enjoy sex 10x more than masturbation, ITS AMAZING, but for some reason I can’t ejaculate! how can I fix this?

Symptoms: Can’t ejaculate

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You may have been masturbating too often and your body is only able to reach an orgasm w ith masturbation.I recommend that you stop masturbating and stop having sex for 1 week. This should help you to have orgasm during sex. If this does not help you, please see a Doctor.He will diagnose you and then start you on necessary treatment. All the best.