Ask The Doctor > Men's Health > I cannot push my penis past a 45-degree angle when erect.

I cannot push my penis past a 45-degree angle when erect.

Patient: I’m a 23-year-old man with very little sexual experience. The few times I’ve had sex with my girlfriend, I’ve realized I have a problem with flexibility when I’m fully erect. Basically, while fully erect, I cannot bend my penis past about a 45-degree angle from my body. I can point straight up to the ceiling, or stick out at that angle, but I can’t go any further than that. I can’t push it down to stick straight out and be parallel to the floor, and certainly can’t point it toward the floor. This makes it nearly impossible to experiment with any sexual positions, and forces me to perform with only a partial-erection, which frustrates both of us. Because I have so little sexual experience, I don’t know if this is a common problem or something most men don’t have a problem with, and I have no idea what to do about it. My understanding is that the tendons there can’t be stretched in the same way that muscles can, so I don’t know if there’s anything I can do about this at all. Trying to just suck it up and press down anyway is incredibly painful, and I feel that I would actually injure myself if I tried.Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Symptoms: Lack of flexibility when erect.

Doctor: