I can't get pregnant.

Patient

Q: I have stopped the contraception pill in January 2010 to try for a baby but so far it hasnt been successful. My periods are every 28 days for 5 days and they are regular and not heavy. I dont know why I am not getting pregnant successfully.

Doctor

A:   I understand how concerned you are about this matter. Surely it is common for most women to become pregnant easily after 1 or 2 cycles after going off their oral contraceptive medications. However your body could take up to 6 months to regulate its hormone production and establish fertility again, you could identify your most fertile days by measuring your temperature especially at the middle of your cycles and by examining your cervix mucus, when this is very elastic and clear this would be the best time to conceive. I wish you a successful pregnancy.