I can't loose weight.

Patient

Q: Greetings!

Hi, I am from Philippines. my concern is that i had amoebiasis 8 months ago. and im trying to loose weight for almost 2months now. i tried having diet and a bit of excersice but theres no difference on my weight and my body figure. i tried many things just to loose weight and theres no difference at all. my friends tell me that people having amoebiasis will no longer gain or loose weight and stay as is with their figure after having this disease. I am very very worried because im just only 18 years old and i couldn't loose weight. and I am very worried with how i look specially being chubby. I think what my friends told me was true. that after having amoebiasis i will no longer loose weight. and that makes me sad and upset
Is there any way to loose weight even after having amoebiasis? what can i do about it? how to work this out? and is there any thruth about what my friends told me about this? please help me. i want to loose weight. and i dont know what to do. since i tried many things just to get rid of being fat! and theres no difference with any of my diets and excercises. :(

Doctor