Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I Cant sleep I be up till 5 in the

I Cant sleep I be up till 5 in the

Patient: I Cant sleep I be up till 5 in the morning what can I do? And I have the random side pain that comes out of nowhere some times I can’t even stan.. what should I do?

Symptoms: Pain, and tiredness

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.For sleep it would be wise to follow all the steps o f a good sleep hygiene:1) A warm water bath before going to sleep is recommended.2) Avoid heavy dinners.3) Use your bedroom only for sleeping and resting and do not do any other work there.4) Have some aerobic workouts during day preferably in the morning like walking or jogging.5) Don’t try very hard to go to sleep. If you are not sleepy then sit on a couch or sofa and do some reading and go to the bed only when you are sleepy.6) Avoid afternoon nap for any reason.7) Keep the lighting of your bedroom dim and make your bed every morning after you wake up so that you get a cozy bed to sleep at night.8) Completely avoid coffee/tea/alcohol/energy drinks/coke/smoking.9) Avoid watching tv or working on laptop/computer or bright screens at night.Further if the sleep problems still persist then you may require a short course of sleep aids like Zolpidem (10mg) or Clonazepam (0.5mg).Regarding the random pains, the cause varies depending on the location of the pain. Do discuss the pain location with your doctor and get it evaluated.Do meet your doctor and get the mentioned medicines prescribed..Hope this helps,Wish you a good health