I can't stop shivering

Patient : Through out the day i get shivers like every 10 minutes even if it's boiling hot and sometimes i get them and they last 20min to an hour and i can't control them with anything.They make my mind go weird and i feel like i am dying.My doctor is useless.What is wrong with me?
Symptoms:  Shivering non stop
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that this condition could be related to an endocrine disorder known as hyper thyroidism. The thyroid gland can abnormally produce excessive amounts of Thyroid hormone which cause nervousness, irritability, and tremors. We recommend that you see your doctor to be evaluated for this as cause for your tremors. If diagnosed, there are medications that can be prescribed to treat your thyroid disorder. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com