I caught a really bad flu 2 days ago Wednesday

Patient

Q: I caught a really bad flu 2 days ago. Wednesday I'm flying back to my home country, the travel will take 18 hours. Should I sEe a doctor or just rest a lot?

Symptoms:  Headache, legs hurt, vertigo, extremely exhausted, losing balance, white tongue
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
It seems like you have picked up a respiratory tract infection which is pretty severe in intensity.

You need to be started on antibiotics before traveling so that the congestion is cleared up before you take the long flight. Normally all the mucus gets blocked when the air pressure increases because of the flight causing a lot of facial pain, headache, vertigo, e.t.c

So a course of antibiotic along with an antihistaminic like Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily at bed time will help in reducing the congestion, before we leave.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.