I caught my period feb 1 2015 then feb 25. now am 7 days late

Patient : I caught my period feb 1 2015 then feb 25 2015 now im 7 days late i took a pregnacy test and it came out neg what can it be??
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. This is very unlikely to be pregnancy related issue. Since your pregnancy test is negative after 1 month, so pregnancy is virtually ruled out. You require evaluation for irregular periods. These problems can occur as a result of hormonal imbalance, excessive stress, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Thyroid issues. I would advise you to get investigated. Get following investigations done: 1. Ultrasound Pelvic organs. 2. Thyroid profile. If any issues are found you would be treated accordingly. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy