August 20, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I caught my period feb 1 2015 then feb 25. now am 7 days late

I caught my period feb 1 2015 then feb 25. now am 7 days late

Patient: I caught my period feb 1 2015 then feb 25 2015 now im 7 days late i took a pregnacy test and it came out neg what can it be??

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.This is very unlikely to be pregnancy related issue. Since your pregnancy test is negative after 1 month, so pregnancy is virtually ruled out.You require evaluation for irregular periods.These problems can occur as a result of hormonal imbalance, excessive stress, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Thyroid issues.I would advise you to get investigated.Get following investigations done:1. Ultrasound Pelvic organs.2. Thyroid profile.If any issues are found you would be treated accordingly.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy