Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I currently have the implanon and I have been having

I currently have the implanon and I have been having

Patient: I currently have the implanon and I have been having preganancy symptoms like nausea breast tenderness large appetite pelvic cramping and I’m not sure what to do I’ve take two pregnancy test and they both say negative

Symptoms: Nausea pelvic cramping breast tenderness

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms can be premenstrual syndrome related and can cause symptoms similar to a p regnancy.Since the pregnancy tests are negative, there is no need to worry. It can also be due to hormonal imbalance due to hormonal contraception.You can consult a doctor for an examination and an ultrasound to rule out ovarian cyst and uterine causes and even a possible pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards