I currently have the mirena birth control in place

Patient : I currently have the mirena birth control in place. I had sex last night where my partner had released his sperm into me. I was prescribed an antibiotic for a sinus infection but have not started taking It yet. Is there a certain amount of time I need to wait to start taking the antibiotic so I can avoid pregnancy?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. MIRENA offers double protection in the form of a progesterone only contraceptive and a n IUD as well. So it prevents ovulation ideally and prevents conception. But in certain cases where ovulation occurs, the IUD creates an unfavourable environment in the endometrium for any implantation of the fertilised embryo and prevents pregnancy. So it would not matter if you take antibiotics now, as you anyways are protected form conception. So rest assured. Hope this helps. Regards