I developed a rash on the penile glans and can see the left part of urethral opening is swollen.

Patient: I developed a rash on the penile glans and can see that the left part of the urethral opening slightly swollen. There is dribbling after urination which gets bad at times. I have noticed that i have discomfort and burning sensation on penile glans after urination and ejaculation. Pls. Provide me with advise.

Doctor: Thanks for your question. It may simply be a hygiene problem.If you do not wash under the foreskin, a cheesy materi al, called smegma, accumulates. This can become infected and cause irritation.A milder form of balanitis (inflammation of glans penis) can appear soon after intercourse but disappears within about a day. This is probably caused by allergy to thrush in your partner’s vagina.Your swollen, intensely itchy and very red urethral opening may be due to thrush (also known as Candida, a yeast).This could be a symptom of chlamydia or cystitis even.Hope this helps.