I did ct scan today and now in the evening

Patient

Q: I did ct scan today and now in the evening I know that I am pregnant Is that dangerous for baby

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Generally the radiation exposure with CT scan is more compared with regular X-rays.
So, usually medical termination of pregnancy is advised to any woman who got exposed to CT scan during the early pregnancy, to avoid the birth of a possible anomalous baby.
If this pregnancy is very precious to you and you want to continue the pregnancy, you need regular antenatal checkups, ultrasound examinations and blood tests like quadruple test etc to detect any possible anomaly at the earliest.
Please discuss these things with your doctor and follow her advice.

Take care.