Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I did not take my birth control pills for a week

I did not take my birth control pills for a week

Patient: I did not take my birth control pills for a week. I had unprotected sex I’m now 5 days late. Pregnacy test said negative. Should I be worried?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the question.I can understand your concern.The prospects of pregnancy have always been there wit h unprotected sex.As you had unprotected sex and not getting your birth control pills, chances of pregnancy are there in your case.As your pregnancy test is negative, the chances of pregnancy are low, but if you will not resume your period, you have to repeat the test after 7 days.Hope it was useful.Regards