I didn't know that smoking marijuana slowed the bone healing

Q: I didn't know that smoking marijuana slowed the bone healing process. And I've been smoking I had surgery for a non Union fracture in the the proximal phalanx of my left index finger. Have I already messed up my chances for it to properly heal? Also I haven't been smoking heavily, just a bit here and there. I don't smoke cigarettes either. The fracture is from a gsw.

A:   Hi.

Read and understood that your fracture of the proximal phalanx of left index finger has gone into non-union. The would was GSW as per your history.
Yes one of the reasons of non-union is marijuana. .
Yes, you have messed up with healing.
Do not worry, a proper study of the present situation by means of X-rays, clinical evaluation and re-surgery will definitely help you have a healed fracture.
Take Multivitamins with Ginseng for early recovery.

Hope this helps.