Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I didn’t know when exactly to start twig the pill.

I didn’t know when exactly to start twig the pill.

Patient: I just started taking reclipsen birth control and my doctor told me to take the first pill the day I start my period. And I did but it started on a Tuesday so I threw, Sunday and Monday away..was I suppose to take those?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Reclipsen is a combined hormonal contraceptive pill pack whic h contains 28 tablets, among them 21 are active pills and 7 inactive pills.From the first day of your periods you have to start active pills. After completing 21 active pills you have to take 7 inactive pills.You can start active pills from first tablet irrespective of the day.If you want to take according to the day, like in your case as you started from Tuesday, after completing 19 tablets from Tuesday, for next two days you have to take first Sunday and Monday tablets to complete 21 days.As dosage of all pills is same this will not make any difference.So, you should not throw the active pills.In this month after completion of 19 active pills and 7 inactive pills, immediately on the next day you can start a new pack irrespective of withdrawal bleeding for next month.Take care.