I didn't realize that i had taken the Sunday pill

Patient

Q: I didn't realize that i had taken the Sunday pill instead of the Saturday pill on your second week of my pills until the next day and i just continued to take the next . I had also had unprotected sex the day before i realized . Should i be concerned ?

Doctor

There is no real cause for concern if you are on monthly combined OC pill and not on a triphasic pill. If you have taken the Sunday pill on Saturday, then you can safely take the Saturday pill on Sunday to be on track of the pack directions. Both are active pills and have the same amount of hormones, so you need not fear as you stand protected for this cycle against pregnancy.

Hope it helps.