Ask The Doctor > Pending > I dislocated my ankle while running on the stair case

I dislocated my ankle while running on the stair case

Patient: Hi I dislocated my ankle while running on the stair case,really hurt at first,went to the hospital, xray showed a little dislocation which was aligned with a cast and after 2days the pain reduced significantly …its been 8 days since then,I can walk on the cast without pain although limping because of the shape of the cast…but I don’t know if the cast is what is making me not feel pain or if I have to remove the cast and start physiotherapy and little weight bearing? The emergency doctor told me to come back with cast after 6weeks but I feel it’s too far because I feel fine now do you think I should get the cast off?

Doctor: