I dislocated my shoulder while playing tennis 5 weeks ago

Q: I dislocated my shoulder while playing tennis 5 weeks ago. (I also had a subluxation in 2009 doing the same thing). I had an MR arthrogram completed and the report said it was normal. Is it possible to have a normal MRA but have a history of an unstable at the same time?

Symptoms:  Shoulder pain, Numbness & Tingling in hand and arm at rest and worse with activity, decreased range of motion, weakness, edema, popping & clicking, feels unstable

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There is unlikely to have MRA with history of subluxation at same time. However it may be possible in history of mild subluxation. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.