Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I dislocated my sternoclavicular ligament about 6 months ago

I dislocated my sternoclavicular ligament about 6 months ago

Patient: I dislocated my sternoclavicular ligament about 6 months ago, after it healed I had no problems with it. since yesterday I’ve had pain in the same location as if it just happened.. what would be the best over counter drug to relieve the pain until I can see a doctor? Should I use something that contains a nsaid?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern.I think yo u can take analgesics (NSAID) like Ibuprofen for pain relief till you see a Doctor.Hope your query got answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.