I do a lot of weight training I have never

Patient

Q: I do a lot of weight training I have never had a problem with my wrists I strap them up on most workouts but over the weekend I think I must of hurt my wrist It hurts when I rotate it and it clicks a lot I have never had this before

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Your symptoms are suggestive of a ligament pull which can commonly happen in injuries of the wrist.
You should avoid weight lifting for a few days, and you can apply Diclofenac gel locally 2-3 times daily.
The pain should subside in a week's time.
If it doesn't, kindly consult your physician and get an x-ray done for the same.

Hope this was helpful,