I do a lot of weight training I have never

Patient : I do a lot of weight training I have never had a problem with my wrists I strap them up on most workouts but over the weekend I think I must of hurt my wrist It hurts when I rotate it and it clicks a lot I have never had this before
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of a ligament pull which can commonly happen in injuries of the wrist. You should avoid weight lifting for a few days, and you can apply Diclofenac gel locally 2-3 times daily. The pain should subside in a week's time. If it doesn't, kindly consult your physician and get an x-ray done for the same. Hope this was helpful, Regards