Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I donated blood over a month ago Now I have

I donated blood over a month ago Now I have

Patient: I donated blood over a month ago. Now I have a small bump at the site of donation. It is smaller than a pea, and it is hard. Much like a bb gun bullet whew the needle was at but smaller

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to have developed thrombophlebitis and swelling followi ng IV cannula/ needle insertion.However, this swelling goes away by itself with 2-3 weeks.Still, if you are having any pain or inflammation, i would advise you following:1. To apply Thrombophobe ointment locally2. To do cold fomentation of the affected area.This swelling will start regressing and would eventually go away.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.