I donated blood over a month ago Now I have

Patient : I donated blood over a month ago. Now I have a small bump at the site of donation. It is smaller than a pea, and it is hard. Much like a bb gun bullet whew the needle was at but smaller
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. You seem to have developed thrombophlebitis and swelling followi ng IV cannula/ needle insertion. However, this swelling goes away by itself with 2-3 weeks. Still, if you are having any pain or inflammation, i would advise you following: 1. To apply Thrombophobe ointment locally 2. To do cold fomentation of the affected area. This swelling will start regressing and would eventually go away. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.