I don't feel happy, could I be depressed?

Patient

Q: I have been feeling very down since the start of the year. I had my hours cut at work in January, since then I have been struggling with money which is putting me down.
I struggle to feel any happiness anymore, I have been overeating a lot and I have not been going to sleep until 3-5am and getting out of bed until 1 or 2pm. I don't feel as I can be happy with anything anymore.. Could I be depressed?

Symptoms:  Very tearful, Struggling to sleep
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Your symptoms are suggestive of Depression.
I suppose, you should take help of a Psychiatrist.
He would evaluate you with all routine investigations like Hemogram, Blood sugar, Thyroid profile, Vitamin D levels and if any abnormality found, would refer you to a Physician.
He will evaluate and discuss with you the problems and difficulties you are facing.
He will get you a Psychologists counselling done.
If he feels, you are severely depressed, he will start you on SSRI's like Escitalopram.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.