Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I dont have thyroid problem but i am loosing my hair heavily

I dont have thyroid problem but i am loosing my hair heavily

Patient: I dont have thyroid problem but i am loosing my hair heavily.what is the reason help me out pls

Symptoms: no itching,no dandruff.

Doctor: Hello hair fall can be because of many reasons , Like lack of proper nou rishment to hair which can be prevented by oiling it regularly with coconut or almond oil , applying egg white to scalp twice a week . Eating diet rich in protein like peas , nuts , eggs , milk .and also vitamin providing diet like fruits , sprouts . It can be because of stress , because stress cause early ageing of hair follicle and causes it’s fall , so avoid any unnecessary stress. It can be because of pollution , so make sure that you are maintaining proper hygiene . It can be because of any recent generalised illness to the body like heavy fever , diarrhoea so make sure that you are completely cured of them if you suffered any thing like that recently . Check out your haemaglobin levels by undergoing a complete blood picture test and meet a general physician if it is low . Make sure that you are taking atleast 2-3 liters of water per day because hair needs proper blood supply which is met, only if you drink water properly . If any of these are not helping in 15-30 days then meet a dermatologist . Take care .