Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I Don’t know if im pregnant

I Don’t know if im pregnant

Patient: Could I be pregnant? I took a blood test monday 1/5/15 came back negative, but my period is late and im having light pink and brownish spotting.

Symptoms: Late on period, light pink and brownish spotting, mild cramping and pulling. negative hcg test on monday

Doctor: HI,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Minor variations in menstrual cycles can be seen due to many c auses.As your blood test for pregnancy is nnegative, there is very less possibility for pregnancy.Pink discharge you are having is possibly indicating premenstrual spotting, which may turn into regular menstrual flow soon.And cramping etc may also indicating onset of periods.Take care.