Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I don’t know if my symptoms are symptoms of adult

I don’t know if my symptoms are symptoms of adult

Patient: I don’t know if my symptoms are symptoms of adult ADD and If should ask for help. I have Bad memory, I tried to study more in school, I made good grades the same day but the next day I will forget what I learned. When a friend tells me of their careers and how easy it is. I try to copy them and failed miserably because I have no patience for it. I lose interest on it easily and try to do, multiple things at ones to get more money until I lose interest again on every single time. When I’m working I feel excited than all the sudden I feel lazy bored. I don’t have dreams of my own I copy the dreams of others and make it mine. I recently notice it. I use to have a lot of talent when I was younger, but I feel that is all gone, I use to write books, poems, I loved to cook. I’m depressed I can’t study anything because IL forget everything and study for nothing. I hope one day I can study something and be someone important. if it’s not adult ADD what is it?

Symptoms: I don’t know if my symptoms are symptoms of adult ADD and If should ask for help. I have bad memory, I tried to study more in school, I made good grades the same day but the next day I will forget what I learned. When a friends tells me of there careers and how easy it is. I try to copy them and failed miserably because I have no patience for it . I loose interest on it easily and try to do, multiple things at ones to get more money until I loose interest again on every single time. When I’m working I feel excited then all the sudden I feel lazy bored. I don’t have dreams of my own I copy the dreams of others and make it mine. I recently notice it. I use to have a lot of talent when i was younger but i feel that is all gone, I use to wright books, poems, I loved to cook. I’m depressed I can’t study anything because IL forget everything and study for nothing. I hope one day I can study something and be someone important. if its not adult ADD what is it?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It sounds like you have ADHD which stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Even though I can give you a probable diagnosis, this is not a confirmation and you need to see a counselor or a Doctor to get this diagnosed. You will definitely need a mental exam done.The treatment will then be with behaviour modification and when that fails, the treatment will be with medication. All the best and wish you the best.Hope this helps you