October 18, 2018

I don’t know what to do about my extremely severe hangover.

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I don’t know what to do about my extremely severe hangover.

Patient: I drank a lot last night and was throwing up then. Now I keep throwing up bile. I can’t hold down anything even water. What should I do?

Symptoms: Throwing up, heartburn, headache, unable to keep anything down

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.This mostly happens due to excess acidity in your stomach which has occurred to excess alcohol that you had yesterday. You will require anti-acid medications like ranitidine or rabeprazole to neutralize the acid. If you dont tolerate oral medicines due to vomiting then the same needs to be given intra venously.Your repeated vomitings can also lead to dehydration and in that case you will also require some IV fluids.Do meet your doctor and discuss these options.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No