I dont know what to do please help me

Patient : I havea very swollen tonsil and it brings a crying pain and i keep coughing up yellowish orange mucus and i cannot breath thru my nose only my mouth because my nasal passages are blocked by mucus also and this whole thing has been going on for three and a half weeks my sister is concerned should i go to the emergency hospitable???
Symptoms:  coughing up mucus, swollen tonsil, blocked nasal passages,
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your symptoms are consistent with a bacterial infection to your throat, tonsils, and sinuse s. Since it is been three and a half weeks that you have had this infection, it would be best that you seek medical attention at your doctor's office or urgent care center. It is possible that you will need to be started on a course of medication to treat this infection as well as have your throat swabbed to determined what type of infection you may have. Certain types of bacteria that cause such symptoms include streptococcal bacteria (strep throat). Please see your doctor as soon as you can to start treatment. Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com

Patient: im not sure its an infection because my sister checked it and there would be white spots if it was an infection right???