I don't know which drug I can take since I have g6pd?

Patient

Q: Hi, I have G6PD deficiency and I am currently having a cold. My symptoms are mucus overload- which means I've been sniffing, sneezing, a little cough and I can the mucus gathering in my throat. I wonder which over-the-counter is safe for me to take? Since I've researched and realized the one I bought (Advil) contains Ibuprofen and Phenylephrine HCI is not safe for G6PD.

Symptoms:  Sneezing, Coughing, mucus, mild sore throat, itchy nose
Doctor

Thank you posting your query on ATD.

Yes, you are correct. Advil and PE should not be taken in persons having G6PD deficiency.
There are large numbers of drugs contraindicated in patients of G6PD.
But don't lose hope. There are safer medicines available for cold etc.
Kindly consult your doctor he may prescribe you safer or low-risk medicines.
Please do not take any medicine without doctor’s prescription.