I eating Raw soaked rice good for your health?

Patient

Q: Eating raw soaked rice is good to our health?please tell me explain

Doctor

A:   Although eating raw rice may not necessarily cause any harm to the body, it may cause increased bloating sensation and indigestion. Also you may be prone of the effects of bacteria (bacilus cerus) and insecticides (lecithin) which may cause loose stools and vomiting. I would advise you to consult your doctor to rule out Pica.
Pica is a disorder defined by an insatiable desire to eat non-foods, such as hair, paint and sand, or food ingredients, such as flour, salt and raw rice. This is cause due to deficiency of certain minerals in the body like zine and iron. Though more common in children, pica affects people of all ages and might be particularly pronounced during pregnancy.