I experienced exposure to pet dander exactly one week ago

Patient: I experienced exposure to pet dander exactly one week ago. I was also exposed to some dust from a popcorn ceiling removal. I have been out of the environment this entire week and I’m still experiencing breathing problems. It’s difficult to take a deep breath. I have very acute asthma and have been using my albuterol inhaler with little to no relief. I am taking Mucinex now to try and rid the mucus from my chest. I started it 24 hours ago. Should I see a doctor or wait a little longer?

Symptoms: Trouble taking deep breaths.

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering Allergic cough or Acute Bronchiti s.I would advise in such scenario to get :1. Hemogram with ESR2. ECG3. Chest XrayIf the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough. Initially you would be treated with a combination of Levocetrizine and Montelukast. But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm. In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol. You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy