I experienced sudden pain in one spot on the bottom

Patient

Q: I experienced sudden pain in one spot on the bottom of my foot, then the pain went away after about a minute and then it quickly became a swollen lump making it hard to walk. I tried putting ice on it but that didn't seem to help at all. It's been two hours and the swelling has not gone away.

What happened? I've been taking metronidazole for a few days, could that have caused this? Will it go away?

(More background: Lately I have also been experiencing poor sleep quality, GERD, menstrual period, and vulval burning that remained after treatment of bacterial vaginosis with metronidazole about a month ago. I also about a month ago (while on metronidazole the first time) experienced a strange symptom in which I could not walk because my thighs kept getting tighter and heavier (happened one evening and was gone the next morning and did not return). I don't think the foot problem is related to any of these things but I'm including them anyways just in case.)

Symptoms:  Swollen lump on bottom of foot, by the toes (occurred suddenly out of nowhere, following brief pain that quickly went away)
Doctor

The foot problem you have is not related to the medicinea you have consumed. On reading the detailed history it looks like a trauma. You.must have got pricked by a foreign body that could be sharp like glass piece or a stone. It can lead to internal bleeding and induration presenting as a swelling.
Kindly consult a surgeon for an examination and get it removed.

Hope this helped.