I feel a lump inside my vagina

Patient : I feel a lump inside my vagina (not very deep in) which has caused discomfort not pain when having sex. Other than that I didn't even notice it. When having sex, my partner also feels it. Any ideas what this could be?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to ATD. A lump inside the vagina may be a vaginal cyst, a vaginal septum or a cervical or uteri ne polyp. A medical examination is needed to differentiate these conditions. A vaginal cyst may just be there without causing any pain. Polyps are likely to bleed at times, which is why most patients get alarmed or seek treatment for. A vaginal septum may cause discomfort during intercourse as well. Some conditions can be managed by minor surgical procedures. Please see your Gynaecologist. Hope this helps.

Related Q&A

Q: The end of the shaft of my penis is wrinkled when flaccid and when I get an erection it takes several minutes to expa...

Q: Hi I recently had quite vigorous sex with my partner. I noticed afterwards a small tear under my foreskin on the shaf...

Q: I had a small amount of blood in some discharge yesterday evening and I had intercourse with my boyfriend this evenin...

Q: Hey, so me and my girlfriend were about to have sex and and 45 minutes before I had a erections like 6 in row within ...

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon