Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I feel pain in the back right side of head

I feel pain in the back right side of head

Patient: I feel pain in the back right side of head. What is it?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit small and specific; without any additional history.You have a complaints of pain in the back side of the head on the right side.The commonest causes are:-Neck muscle myalgia, causing referred pain.-Local swelling of the muscles.-Locally cyst or so which got infected.-Occasionally, the vision defects or sinusitis can also cause such referred pain.I would advise in such a situation the following:-Consult your Family Physician t o have clinical evaluation, physical examination, investigations and treatment and reference to the specialist if needed.I hope this answer helps you.