I fell about 2 weeks ago and have noticed the

Patient : I fell about 2 weeks ago and have noticed the scab on my knee to be a green-yellow color with slight redness around the area. I'm also having some pain feels like bone pain when I bend my knee. Don't want to waste a trip to the dr if I'm just being a crazy hypochondriac. I've attached a pic - just copy and paste the link in your browser. any advice is appreciated http://i68.tinypic.com/nnm7tc.jpg
Doctor :   Hi. Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query. Noted your history of - fall about 2 weeks ago and have notice d the scab on my knee to be a green-yellow color with slight redness around the area. I'm also having some pain feels like bone pain when I bend my knee. Need an advice on the present condition. I have also seen the picture which you have attached here. Please find my observations below: - The picture shows a scab over the injured knee with surrounding redness which is an indication that healing process is in progress. It may take another 5-7 days time for the crust to fall off and complete healing of the wound. - It is very obvious to have pain in the injured knee when you bend as the subcutaneous tissue and the ligaments of the knee joint might have injured and become swollen. - To relieve this pain you can take an over-the counter Anti-inflammatory medicine like Tylenol, 2 times a day, after food for 3 days. - You can clean the wound by Povidone iodine solution by applying it locally, 2-3 times a day. - Do not try to peel off the scab, as it itself will fall off once when the healing is complete. - Do not wet the injured area or apply any tight bandages. - Avoid scratching the affected area and give maximum rest to the injured knee. - You can elevate your legs while sleeping in the night by keeping a soft pillow underneath it, this may relieve pain as well as any internal swelling. - Do not worry slowly this symptoms disappear once when the wound heals. Hope i have answered your query in detail. Feel free to ask for relevant questions if you feel there is any gap of communication. Wish you good health. Take care.