I fell down a flight of stairs the other day

Patient : I fell down a flight of stairs the other day and now have a reddish brown bruise on my forearm that is larger than my hand and almost wraps around my arm, it is painful to rotate my arm and wrist, should I be concerned?
Symptoms:  Bruising, swelling, tenderness to touch, pain, lump or buldge,
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. You have a soft tissue injury. Do the following to help you. Use RICE therapy to help yo u with recovery. Rest the joint and do not move it often Ice the joint for 15 mins every hour Compress the area by using a crepe bandage Elevate the hand on top of 2 pillows to reduce the swelling. See a Doctor if the pain is not gone after 5 days. All the best. Hope this helps you.