I fell down a flight of stairs the other day

Q: I fell down a flight of stairs the other day and now have a reddish brown bruise on my forearm that is larger than my hand and almost wraps around my arm, it is painful to rotate my arm and wrist, should I be concerned?

Symptoms:  Bruising, swelling, tenderness to touch, pain, lump or buldge,

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

You have a soft tissue injury. Do the following to help you. Use RICE therapy to help you with recovery.
Rest the joint and do not move it often
Ice the joint for 15 mins every hour
Compress the area by using a crepe bandage
Elevate the hand on top of 2 pillows to reduce the swelling.

See a Doctor if the pain is not gone after 5 days. All the best.

Hope this helps you.