I fell down the stairs and bruised my tailbone They

Patient

Q: I fell down the stairs and bruised my tailbone. They have me Vicodin for the pain. I've been taking that for the last three days, but I've also had a cold. I just need to know if I took the Vicodin over 6 hours ago if it will alright if I take NyQuil to go to sleep?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Using NyQuil to sleep is pharmacological abuse and you should never do this. Vicodin is also a depressant and you should not mix these drugs. Please never take any drug combos unless told to you by your Doctor. I hope you understand this.

Hope this helps you.