I fell last night on the road concrete service surface,

Patient

Q: I fell last night on the road concrete service surface, landed on my right side have huge what looks like water sack on my elbow on my left ankle it got pain going up through the calf which feels like electric shooting up through it can't bend it from the calf to the foot with ankle that food has been shattered before I don't know what to do I don't know if there's not much swelling the but the pain is unbelievable

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com
You had an accident yesterday where you fell on the concrete road. You suffered injuries at the level of the elbow and the left sided ankle.

The pain you mentioned is unbelievable. In this case, I will advise you first get an x ray done of the left foot- if required both ankle and knee can be taken at the same time. Till the investigations can be done, you can apply Diclofenac gel locally twice to three times daily. I will also advise you to consult your local physician who can suggest some painkillers like Advil or Naproxen that can be taken twice daily for a week. This will further help in bringing the pain down.

The x-ray is the best modality to find out the status of fractures, however, it is must to get them done. Normally in cases of fractures, there will be a local swelling with constant pain which is unbearable. The pain keeps worsening and prevents any further body movements.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,

Regards.